All Google Shopping fields are product metafields.
On your Shopify store, all Google Shopping fields are stored as single-line text type product metafields. While validation checking is available when you bulk-edit Google Shopping fields through BPE, you may be able to import almost any value to your Shopify store as Google Shopping fields through CSV Import on BPE. However, if the value you import is not valid as the proper Google Shopping field value, Google Shopping may not be able to retrieve the attribute from your Shopify store even if you have the corresponding product metafield in place, resulting in the attribute not showing properly on your Google Shopping listing. Therefore, it is essential that you make sure the value you upload through CSV is accepted by Google Shopping as an appropriate field value.
Accepted values for each Google Shopping field
Below is a list of all values (or value syntax) supported for each Google Shopping fields. Note that the values listed below are all case-sensitive.
- Custom Product: 'true' or 'false'.
- Google Product Category: either the digital ID number or full name as shown on the complete list of all Google product categories. For example, you may upload either '7398' or 'Animals & Pet Supplies > Pet Supplies > Bird Supplies > Bird Gyms & Playstands'.
- Age Group: 'newborn', 'infant', 'toddler', 'kids' or 'adult'.
- Gender: 'male', 'female' or 'unisex'.
- Condition: 'new', 'refurbished' or 'used'
- Color: Up to 3 alphanumeric strings each representing a color, separated by a slash (/). For example, you may upload 'Blue' or 'Red/Yellow/Green'.
- Material: One single Unicode string representing a material.
- Size: Please refer to the Google Merchant Center Help page for the size attribute for a comprehensive list of supported size input examples. For example, you may upload 'XS', 'M' or '3XL'.
- Size System: 'AU', 'BR', 'CN', 'DE', 'EU', 'FR', 'IT', 'JP', 'MEX', 'UK' or 'US'.
- Size Type: 'regular', 'petite', 'plus', 'tall', 'big' or 'maternity'.
- Unit Pricing Measure (coming soon): One positive number.
- Unit Pricing Measure Unit (coming soon): Please refer to the list of all supported units below.
- Unit Pricing Base Measure (coming soon): One positive whole number (integer).
- Unit Pricing Base Measure Unit (coming soon): Please refer to the list of all supported units below.
- MPN: One alphanumeric string containing up to 70 characters.
- Custom Labels 0-4: One string containing up to 100 Unicode characters.
For more details and instructions, please refer to the Google Merchant Center Help page for product data attributes.
List of all supported units
The following units are supported in Unit Pricing Measure Unit and Unit Pricing Base Measure Unit attributes in Google Shopping.
- Weight: 'oz', 'lb', 'mg', 'g', 'kg'
- Volume (US imperial): 'floz', 'pt', 'qt', 'gal'
- Volume (metric): 'ml', 'cl', 'l', 'cbm'
- Length: 'in', 'ft', 'yd', 'cm', 'm'
- Area: 'sqft', 'sqm'
- Per unit: 'ct'
Article is closed for comments.