There is a new feature released by Shopify called localized domain. You can have multiple domains and define to use certain domain for different languages. If you published the language in our Translate My Store & Currency App, and still see 404 on the translation site, it could be that this language is not enable for this domain. You can enable it manually by following the steps below:
If your store does have Shopify Markets enabled:
1. Go to Shopify admin >> Settings >> Markets, choose your Primary Market and select "Manage"
2. Select Domains and Languages >> Manage
3. Scroll down and ensure that all languages are enabled. In this example, Norwegian is not enabled yet:
You will need to repeat this process for all other Markets that are not set to be on your "Primary domain only" in the "Market domains and subfolder" settings. We recommend that you double check all of your markets just to be safe.
If your store does not have Shopify Markets enabled:
1. Go to Shopify admin >> Settings >> Domains, and click the "manage" button as shown below,
2. You should see the published languages, and check them in the checkboxes. Then, click the "Save" button.
After that, you should see the translation site properly on the website.