Common reasons for an unsuccessful edit
The most common reason for a task not editing any products are as follows:
- No products match the selected product filters/conditions.
- The targeted products already have the desired value - hence the app skips them.
- The desired value is calculated based on a parameter that is empty - hence the app skips. A merchant can, for example, choose to increase the compared-at-price of his products by 10%. If a product does not already have a compared-at-price, then this calculation cannot be made.
Required parameters for updating compare-at-price
The following edits do not require an existing compared-at-price:
- change compared-at-price to
The following edits do require an existing compared-at-price:
- adjust compare-at-price by amount
- adjust compare-at-price by percentage
The following edits require another a different parameter to have a pre-existing value:
- update compared-at-price based on price
- update compared-at-price based on cost-per-item