The Quick Announcement Bar has been optimized so that it does not slow down your website but you might notice a delay between the time your website loads and when the bar loads.
The delay is caused by the way Shopify loads websites. To achieve the best user experience, Shopify will always load your website first, and then the apps, hence the delay. When it loads the apps, it will load them one by one based on their installation order. For example, if an app is the last one installed in your store, it will be the last one to load into the storefront.
If your bar is taking long to load, we recommend inserting our fast-loading script into your theme. Since this solution requires editing your theme's code, we highly recommend duplicating your theme first. This will create a clean version to revert back to if needed for any reason.
Steps for inserting the fast-loading script
- Click the FAQ button at the top of the app
- Scroll down to find the question about increasing load speed
- Please copy and paste the HTML code of the fast-loading script
- Duplicate your live theme, and edit the duplicated theme
- Insert the fast-loading script in the theme.liquid file, right above </body>
It won’t completely eliminate the delay, but it should substantially reduce it. If you run into any trouble or would like us to install the script for you, please contact us.