The "Welcome Discount" automation sends web push notifications right after your store visitors subscribe to your store. You have the option to include a discount code and encourage them to make purchase.
Positive first impressions are very important to all business. The moment when visitors subscribe to your store is time they have high interest in your products. With "Welcome Discount" automation, you can not only convey the responsive and warn welcome, but also convert these store visitors into your actual customers with the discount. We highly recommend all merchants setup this automation, and engage with them during that important moment.
Here is how to setup,
1. Go to the App --> click "Welcome Discount Automation"
2. Follow titles and notes of all the input fields, and fill them as needed.
- "Title" and "Description" are the text-based content on welcome notifications that subscribers see
- "Primary Link" is where the subscribers will be navigated to after clicking the welcome notifications
3. "Offer a Discount Code" (optional), you set the welcome notification to have a discount code or not. To include a discount code, you need to create the discount code at your Shopify admin >> Discount, and then copy and paste the discount code into the "Discount Code" filed. Or you can sign up on the Professional plan (starting from $0/mo) and set the automation to have unique discount code. Under this setup, the automation automatically creates a unique discount code for every new subscriber. These codes can only be used once. We recommend to use this, as it can prevent the potential discount code abuse.
Please note, the discount code is automatically applied after subscribers click the notifications. They will get the discount at the checkout.
4. "Buttons" (optional) gives the options to include extra buttons to the notification. Each button can have different name and links.
5. You can upload logos and hero images to the notifications. We recommend to use your store logo as the "Icon", a promotional, collection, or product image as the hero image.
6. Preview, you can see the notification preview on Windows, Mac, and Android Mobile devices by clicking the tab while configuring the notification.
7. Click "Save" button to create the automation.
After clicking the automation, you can see the performance of the automation at the top of the same automation page.